Here is this week’s update from the crew chief of the SakaiCar:
We worked on restoring the power steering. Not successful yet but moving toward it. We put in 9 hours each of solid work. Put the rear suspension and rear brakes together. Just missing lateral control arms, sway bar links, alignment and bleeding brakes and rear brakes and rear suspension is done. All should take 30 minutes. Put the old struts back on.
I did not get to the brake lines. I did manage to break a steel line while working on the swing arms. Steel brake lines are in bad shape. Up to 80% rusted through in places. I have to pull the gas tank to route the brake lines so I ordered a Denso fuel pump. I also ordered a Carquest starter. I just was not happy with the cobble I had going with the TYC.
We still have plenty to do so no rush on the seat brackets.
The gauges in the dashboard work except possibly the speedometer. I have not tested the new speed sensor yet. Black car as parts car has been a life saver over and over. I broke a unique bolt and picked it off the black car. Every time we run into a problem in the power steering we pick another part off black car.
I will pull the tank today and get the brake lines done. If I have time I will start on front suspension. The dash needs to be removed and a little/lot of wiring harness work needs done. I will be right back at it tomorrow after work. Can not see a clear path to roll cage until late this week early next.
Still looking for second set extra rims on ebay and craigslist.